TV Licence Grant for Over 65’s and Permanently Disabled Persons
Who is Elegible to Apply?
To be eligible to receive a grant towards the cost of a television licence, the applicant must: currently live in the Parish of Bracknell Town and have been resident there for at least a year and a day. In addition, they must either:
The Television Licence must be valid for a minimum of 10 months from the date of application and must be in the name of the person claiming the grant. Payment will be by personal cheque.
You are NOT Eligible if:
You have a partner / family member living in the same household who is in paid employment for more than 16 hours per week
You are living in the same household as others in full-time employment (e.g. lodgers / housemates)
You are a resident in sheltered accommodation in respect of which the communal licence scheme is applicable.
*any applicant who is eligible for a grant and who is shortly to be 75, will receive a grant proportional to the number of months that must be paid before a free licence is issued.Grant payments will be made by personal cheque and will only be issued within one month of purchasing a television licence. Cheques are payable only to the person to whom they are issued as a grant towards the cost of a television licence and are not transferable.
- Online by Direct Debit, either annually, quarterly or monthly.
- Online by Debit/Credit Card.
- By phone, using a debit or credit card. Please call 0870 241 6468 with your bank details and TV Licence number to hand.
- At a PayPoint outlet (see below), using cash or a debit card. You will need to bring your licence renewal notice and keep your receipt.
- With a TV Licensing savings card, using cash or a debit card. Save towards the cost of your licence at any PayPoint outlet, or over the phone on 0845 155 0404.
- By Post, by sending your payment slip (if you have one) along with a cheque to TV Licensing, Bristol, BS98 1TL. Please make your cheque payable to 'TV Licensing' and write your name, address and TV Licence number on the back. Do not fold or staple your cheque, and do not send cash in the post.
|Ward||Shop with Paypoint Outlet|
|Binfield||Binfield News, Oakmede Place, Binfield RG42 4JF|
|Crown Wood||Co-op, Crown Row, Bracknell RG12 0TH|
|Old Bracknell||Co-op, 5-6 Rectory Row, Bracknell RG12 7BN|
|Star Supermarket, 32 Reeds Hill, Bracknell RG12 7LS|
|Hanworth||Co-op, Bywood, Bracknell RG12 7RF|
|Town Centre||Cheneys Newsagents, 25 High Street, Bracknell RG12 1DL|
|The Late Shop, 4 Station Road, Bracknell RG12 1HY|
How to Apply for a TV Grant
- A valid (10 months to go) TV Licence: - if you pay by Direct Debit please print out and bring in your licence or be prepared to have your licence checked on-line
- Your ‘old’ TV licence: - your Licence number is needed to view your ‘new’ licence on-line
- Proof of Age: - Birth Certificate, passport or driving licence
- Photo Identity: - e.g. driving licence, passport, Edge Card etc
- Proof of residence in Bracknell Parish: - utility bill, bank statement etc.
- Disabled persons only: All the above plus proof of disability pension / benefit entitlement.
Applications should be made in person, if possible, to our office at Brooke House which is situated in the High Street, opposite the main entrance to Bentalls Department Store. All enquiries and applications for this scheme are dealt with at the Reception Desk on the first floor. A chair lift is available if you have difficulty using stairs, or a member of staff can come downstairs if you prefer. If you are unable to attend Brooke House, you should ask someone who could on your behalf. If you have difficulty in completing the form for any reason, a member of staff will be pleased to help you. TV Grant applications are dealt with between 9.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. Friday.
TV LICENCE GRANT SCHEME APPLICATIONS ARE DEALT WITH FROM 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. MONDAY TO THURSDAY and 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. FRIDAYS.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A SCHEME OPERATED ONLY BY BRACKNELL TOWN COUNCIL.
RESIDENTS LIVING IN WARFIELD, WINKFIELD, BINFIELD, CROWTHORNE AND SANDHURST ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
The grants are paid for out of that part of the council tax which is collected on behalf of Bracknel Town Council.